Wednesday, March 30, 2011
I heard an old wives' tale that a little whiskey on the gums before bedtime works. How much do they recommend I drink?
But really, I'll be back. I just need a disco nap.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Today, people from all over the world are celebrating International World Water Day, an observance begun by the United Nations in 1993 to advocate for the sustainable management of our most precious natural resource – fresh water sources.
In the spirit of water awareness, here are some interesting facts to share with your family:
· Less than 1% of the earth's water is suitable for drinking
· More than a billion people around the globe survive on just over 1 gallon of water per day
· Potentially more than 3 billion people may suffer from water shortages by the year 2025
· 66% of the human body is water
· A person can only live without water for approximately one week
Another great way to educate your children on this very important topic is to get them directly involved. As part of Siemens commitment to helping communities make big changes in how they consume, manage and recycle fresh water, the company has developed these fun and interactive family-friendly tools to help educate your children on water usage and make a household commitment to conserving water:
1. Personal Water Footprint Calculator: A family-friendly tool for parents to educate their children on water usage and make a household commitment to conserving. After completing a simple quiz, your family can commit to making small changes in your daily lives that make a big difference. Then, you can share this commitment with your family and friends via Facebook to help spread the word!
2. Change Begins with a Drop: Get creative and work with your children to create a 10 second video of a drop of any form, shape or material passing along the screen as they dance, smile, walk, swim and submit it to the "Change Begins with a Drop" YouTube chain for the world to see! (For every video uploaded, Siemens will donate $1 to the SkyJuice Foundation)
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
In February, I got the opportunity to do what every kid dreams of...preview all the latest toys before they hit store shelves. I headed down to the Javits Center and walked what seemed like miles and miles of convention space. There were beeps and lights and flying objects everywhere. I met with some awesome toy companies and toured their toy suites.
Thank you Melissa & Doug for the extensive tour (I loved every.single.toy...and we already owned half of them) and fruit smoothies! Backyard Safari Outfitters got me really excited about the summer and gathering (and housing!) creepy crawlies with Baby D. Zillionz had great children's money management toys. Where were kids ATMs when my sister and I had our living room supermarket? We wrote out checks from my mother's real checkbook to buy our groceries. She was not happy.
Before all the fun got started at the Javits, I enjoyed breakfast with fellow bloggers at Goldberger Toys. Their natural cotton teething doll was really soft and totally appropriate for our little macho man. They have a lifetime guarantee on all of their dolls (crazy, right?).
Friday, March 11, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
While shopping in a clothing store for children a few weeks back, I lost sight of the baby for about 30 seconds. Those were the longest 30 seconds of my life. We had been playing hide-and-go-seek by peeking through and around a circular clothing rack. Baby D turned out to be a better escape artist than I anticipated. In a matter of seconds, he had crawled under the rack (new move) and made it to the entrance of the store. Scary. I scooped him up after hearing his sweet little giggle behind me. All the while I tried to figure out how he pulled it off when our play area consisted of a four foot wide rack of clothing.
I reviewed SafetyTat shortly after this incident and thought they would be perfect for added piece of mind - especially if you have a non-verbal child. My nephew, for instance, is as tall and active as a six year old, but at two and a half, he is unable to give his home telephone number. SafetyTat would be great for a trip to a beach, mall or birthday party. The fact that I can write my cell phone number (or any other identifying info) on it appeals to my super safety-conscious side. For a slightly neurotic person like me, a trip to the beach or playground might warrant a double SafetyTat. With both cell phone numbers…especially if you have a known wanderer on your hands. And your cell phone reception is spotty.
|It Has Withstood 5 Days of Baths and Play|
|Large and Colorful Enough to Be Noticed|
|AND Flattering to Baby D's Mini Bicep|
One SafetyTat sample pack of Quick Stick Write-On! labels
To Enter: Visit www.safetytat.com and answer this question in the comments: What SafetyTat design do you like the best?
You can do any of these things for an extra entry. Make sure to leave a separate comment for EACH thing you do.
1. Follow @HitSendLetGo on Twitter
2. Become a fan of HitSendLetGo on Facebook
5. Follow my blog via Google Friend.
6. Subscribe to my blog via e-mail (over there in the upper right hand corner).
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on March 21, 2011 when I will draw a winner at random. Please leave your email address if it is not visible on your profile. I will notify the winner as soon as the contest ends. The winner will be given 48 hours to respond.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Please respond within 48 hours with your shipping information.
We'll be back with more giveaways in a couple of days, so stay tuned!