Moms: now that Father's Day is over, can we get back to receiving all the love and praise? Thank you. So, I think its time for us to have a little girls weekend. I planned one for next month and it can't come fast enough!
A few years ago, when I lived in L.A., I flew every few weeks back to the east coast. I also used my west coast location as a means to see other parts of world - the South Pacific, and other distant locales. Each and every time I bought a ticket, I also purchased travel insurance through whichever online travel agency I used because I just never knew when a family or work i.e. trip-canceling situation would arise. And I certainly couldn't afford to pay change fees that sometimes equaled the cost of the flights themselves!
In one such instance, I booked a flight to Johannesburg, South Africa but received a call from my parents that my grandmother had fallen ill. I had to quickly cancel that flight and book a flight back to New York.
Enter: Access America. With minimal paperwork and time, I had the $1200 cost of my ticket to Jo'burg reimbursed in time to book my flight back east. Needless to say, I was happy I spent the small amount for travel insurance. If I hadn't, I would've been relegated to cutting kidney beans into fours just to be able to afford the flight to see grandma. Happy ending: she did end up recovering after a few weeks stay in the hospital. Some people say its because I was able to get there in time...
Daniel Durazo from Access America gives Ten Reasons You Should Consider Travel Insurance:
- You’ve paid nonrefundable deposits or bought nonrefundable tickets
- Health insurance or Medicare may not cover you abroad
- You or your companion needs emergency medical evacuation
- You lost your baggage
- Your flight was canceled because of bad weather
- You, a traveling companion or family member gets sick or injured before you leave
- You have a complicated itinerary involving multiples legs and carriers
- You lost your passport
- You lost your job
- You want peace of mind
Lucky readers, now that you've educated yourself on travel insurance, take this bag on your very own adventure!
Win It! Steve Madden Urban Utility Jazelle Weekender Bag
|Retail Value: $120|
MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment below telling me what reason has made you cancel a trip in the past.
You can do any of these things for an extra entry. Make sure to leave a separate comment for EACH thing you do.
1. Follow Access America on Twitter
2. Follow Access America on Facebook
3. Follow @HitSendLetGo on Twitter
4. "Like" HitSendLetGo on Facebook
5. Subscribe to my blog via e-mail (over there on the right hand side).
6. Follow my blog via Google Friend.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on June 26, 2011 when I will draw a winner at random. Please leave your email address if it is not visible on your profile. I will notify the winner as soon as the contest ends. The winner will be given 48 hours to respond.